Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Halloween is Hubby's favorite holiday, so we do a lot of decorating every year.  We have recently started to have parties, as well... it's almost more of a deal than Christmas.

Every year I insist on a theme (because I force romance into even Halloween costumes) and this year we were Frankenstein's Monster and Bride of Frankenstein.
This was largely because my hair is long this year, and I wanted to poof it all up!
I know, the Monster and Bride didn't really get along.  But we did.

A note about Mark's costume:  His bolts and foil accents are stuck on using toupee tape.  I bought Topstick from Sally's Beauty Supply.
Greeness: regular acrylic craft paint watered down a little.
Suit, shirt, etc: from his closet! 

Makeup closeup! 
Makeup: Regular white Halloween grease paint on highlight areas
Dark green eyeshadow to contour
Lips - Wet'n'Wild Creme Lipliner #715 "Plumberry"
Eyes - Black liner and lots of black mascara
Brows - Masked out my regular brows with glue+liquid concealer. Set with powder. Drew on new eyebrows with e.l.f. black liquid eyeliner 

Hair: LOTS OF HAIRSPRAY + naturally curly hair + streaks of the white facepaint. 
 

My whole costume.  My makeup looks REALLY poorly blended at my hairline!!!
Costume: White full flat sheet, fabric glued together and to "shoulderpads" made of cardboard.
White long-sleeve tee underneath. 


Of course, Phoebe had to have a costume too!
I promise she was pretty happy about it, her face just looks depressed all the time because it's squishy.  =) 

Dog Costume: random green velour from my fabric box, black embroidery floss as stitches.

Overall, a successful and INEXPENSIVE Halloween!  What were you guys dressed up as? 

No comments:

Post a Comment