Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Autumn!

I am lucky enough to live in a part of the world where we have 4 distinct seasons... but autumn is my personal favorite!  A family trip to a corn maze was cause to break out my first hat and scarf of the season.

 (For those of you unfamiliar with corn mazes: some farmers cut a maze out of their corn field and you purposefully get yourself lost.  Corn around here grows to be about 7 feet tall, so you can't see over it.  Sometimes, after dark they "haunt" the maze closer to Halloween.)
It was a beautiful day to be... lost in corn?
 Visiting the family means a roadtrip, so I chose from my 1/2 suitcase of outfits (the rest of the suitcase was for Hubby.)  I threw a denim jacket over a plain tee, grabbed my trusty hat, and a gray pashima wrap/scarf.

This hat is an object of much contention - I've hat totally mixed reviews on it.  Even my longsuffering husband isn't sure he likes it. Let me know what you think!
The "offending" hat.
Hat from Herberger's at the end of last season.
Scarf/wrap from... Walmart?  Last season?
Denim Jacket from JCPenney many years ago - still going strong.  You can't see, but it has mother-of-pearl snap covers and princess seams.


Just for bragging rights, I'm including this final picture...
A beauty shot of my adorable neice!
This child is a large piece of my heart.  She is a curly girl, just like her Aunty!

I haven't said anything particularly witty in this post... I will work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment